Based on the best info as of today, Keylab will be closing our studio and temporarily suspending classes and lessons effective this Monday March 16th through March 29th.
We will be preparing this week to transition to remote one on one sessions for all Keylab students beginning March 23rd through April 20th, or whenever we are all able to get back to business as usual.
Although this is not an ideal situation, we are going to use it as an opportunity to connect with each of our students personally and help them solidify music theory concepts while also creating fun projects that will ensure kids remain engaged and are progressing in their musical studies.
We appreciate your patience, and please know that we are working hard on creating the best possible experience for our kids and families during this period. In the meantime, please see our FAQ below for more details, and let us know if you need any more info. We will be responding to emails as soon as possible.
Thanks to all of your for being a part of the Keylab community, and we with the best to you and your families!
How will my child know what to work on at home after the lesson?
Teachers will send assignments home via Google Hangout or email after the lesson
How will scheduling for online sessions work?
We will be in touch asap to begin scheduling sessions.
- If your child is signed up for private lessons: you will keep your regular time slot.
- If you are a Songlab parent: For most students, we will schedule your 30 minute session during your child's normal Songlab hours between 3:30-5:30pm. If for any reason we cannot schedule your child's session during their normal Songlab hours, we will work with you to find another time for the session.
What if we can't do online classes/lessons?
If you are unable to do remote sessions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out to discuss and work on a solution.
Will there be a credit or refund for missed lessons & classes for March 16-20?
- Private lesson students will be offered a make up lesson for a future date.
- If no make up is possible, we will offer a credit towards future classes, lessons, or camps.
- Songlab tuition covers one-two unplanned studio closures during the school year for snow days, etc.
What will happen if the studio is closed past April 20th?
If the health crisis requires the studio to remain closed past April 20th, we will be continuing through the rest of the school year remotely until public health officials deem it safe to resume business as usual.
If necessary, we are prepared to continue for the duration of the school year remotely.
We signed up for a summer camp. What if this lasts into the summer?
Although we're planning on summer camps going ahead this year, we will offer credit towards future Keylab classes, camps, or lessons if your summer camp dates are affected by studio closure.